FACT-We’ve been MIA for about a week now, we’re sorry here at United.
FACT-Things are changing and people are moving around in the world of skateboarding.
We’ve gotchu… #ICYMI #FiveFactFriday
- Made: Chapter 2 premiered last night and the Emerica guys went off. Would you expect anything else from the self proclaimed “Best team in skateboarding.” We also saw an addition to the team-Jon Dickson has found a new home since the fall of Fallen. We’re already anxiously anticipating Chapter 3.
- Auby Taylor went on an IG rant yesterday, which has since been deleted, declaring that he is quitting the Dickies team, and telling them that they can keep their “cardboard pants.” Of course money is the cause of the rant. Auby claims Dickies was not giving him money to purchase food on trips, and the message getting relayed to the top dogs at the company was that he was okay with that. Guess not.
- Joey Pepper did a candid interview with Europe’s Free Skate Magazine. Joey again shared how Expedition One owed him thousands of dollars, and were making promises that they knew they could not keep. He shares that he loves being a part of the Levi’s and Huf teams and that he’s been getting some boxes of boards from brands he’s hyped on.
- Na Kel Smith was interviewed by the LA Times, and was able to show mainstream culture just how cool skateboarding and the guys who do it are. He talks about skating, Adidas, Hardies, and rapping with Earl Sweatshirt. The article featured a picture of his new pink colorway for the Matchcourt. The interview is fantastic… I’ll be honest, it’s what I aspire to do someday!
- Finally, sad news, it looks like one of our favorite Skate Fillet podcasters is moving on to bigger and better things…. no, not Drewsdays… But Grant Fiero. Grant announced his departure from Skate Fillet yesterday with an Instagram post via The Nine Club. Hey Skate Fillet guys… if you’re looking to fill the spot, I know someone who’s interested. 😉 LOL Good luck Grant, we’ll miss seeing you in Spitfire gear every week. Notice Roge’s feelings on the whole situation in the comment section. Best wishes to you too Roge @the_breadcrumb_trail.